Atlanta and Surroundings

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Monterey - for Mexican food

There is a small Mexican restaurant close to where we live on Holcomb Bridge Road (off 7a on the GA 400). Our baby sitter has mentioned a few times that she frequents the place. I personally travel quite a bit to Mexico and I have become spoiled... my standards for Mexican food is extremely high.

Last week my wife (who loves guacamole) forced me to try this place. I have to say that I was positively surprised. The service was definitely authentic. They had a number of Mexican biers in stock and the menu was a bit broader than the usual quesadilla, taco and burrito. I am yet to find a restaurant in the states that would serve nopales (fried cactus... I love it!) or have a bit more variety in hot sauces than the usual salsa with chips and Tabasco.

I am flying to Mexico City on business next week again... Angus, Fishers, etc. Lovely! But if you ever get a craving for Mexican and you cannot wait to get the real deal then this is pretty close.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
ss_blog_claim=75210d6dff3356e54c38072da0029ef9 ss_blog_claim=75210d6dff3356e54c38072da0029ef9