Atlanta and Surroundings

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Travel Concierge

If you are just making day trips from Atlanta this article might be a bit overkill. I wanted share some "best practices" that I have learned while travelling.



a) American Express Platinum Travel Concierge - The card fee is $450 per year, but it gives so much back. I justify the fee with business travel benefits, but I use and abuse the services on personal trips as well. The thing that I like the most is a simple procedural thing. When I am on the road and I know the town that I want to stop at for the night American Express will handle everything for me. I call the concierge service and explain my situation. They wont put me on hold... they will call you back ones they have a few options and that have been placed on hold for you. Its a small thing, but means that you don't have to wait online for minutes on end for an under paid unqualified agent to try and find a room for you. The properties suggested by American Express are on the expensive side, but if you call after cancellation hours and make sure that they understand what you are looking for you can get great bargains as well.... four star room for $80.



b) AAA Membership - Almost every hotel, car rental and turist attraction gives an AAA discount. I personally have not used it that much, but the option is there.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
ss_blog_claim=75210d6dff3356e54c38072da0029ef9 ss_blog_claim=75210d6dff3356e54c38072da0029ef9